One of the challenges of teaching your children about clean eating and having an open mind about trying new foods, is that it opens up to them all the POSSIBILITIES that exist… LOL… And with possibilities come EXPECTATION! Most people get bored eating the same foods week after week and my kids are no exception! As a result, I am always on the look out for new recipes! I’m like most moms though. Some days I just don’t have the extra “energy” to get wild and crazy in the kitchen…there’s homework, housework, and if I’m lucky, the opportunity for some down time. Extra time in the kitchen means more work and less time for other things. I’m a huge fan of one pot or single pan meals and this one not only fits the bill, it’s super easy to make!
WHITE BEAN CHILI (4-6 Servings)
- (2-4) TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- (4) Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cubed
- (1) Medium onion, diced (optional)
- (3-6) Garlic cloves, minced I buy garlic in the jar already minced and used 2 tsp. (optional)
- (4) cans Northern White Beans
- (1) bunch fresh Cilantro, chopped (use leaves only)
- 12-16 ounces of Salsa Verde (Green Salsa) *I buy ours freshly made from our local grocery store (if you buy jarred try getting one with 5 ingredients or less and no added sugar)
- In an extra large pan, place 2-4 Tbsp. of EVOO Sauté chicken, onion and garlic in olive oil. Sautee until onions are clear.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside *don’t worry if chicken is not cooked all the way through, you’ll be returning it to the pan.
- Add entire contents of (3) cans Northern White Beans into pan. Using a blender, Nutri Bullet, or Food Processor, puree contents of one can. Pour into pan.
- If you like your chili to have a more soup-like consistency, you can add water or a cup of chicken stock to make it thinner. My family prefers it to be thick.
- Add 12-16 ounces of Salsa Verde (Green Salsa) *I bought ours freshly made from our local grocery store
- Stir occasionally
- Return chicken to pan and cover with lid. Increase heat to medium high and simmer for another 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Serve with cornbread, french bread and a side salad.