- 4 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼-1/2 C. Olive oil or more as needed
Place basil, Italian parsley, and garlic into a food processor or Nutri-bullet to combine until basil and parsley are finely chopped.
Next, beginning with 1/4 C. of Olive oil, add to the basil and parsely and combine again.
Add pine nuts to basil, parsley and olive oil mixture and continue to process until finely chopped. If needed add additional olive oil until the mixture is slightly runny.
Lastly, add Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into mixture until well mixed. If mixture is too thick and pasty, add olive oil until desired consistency is reached.